Kinsa’s Top Food & Beverage Professionals: VP R&D, Product Development Food Scientist, Senior Sales & Marketing ManagerMay 5th, 2011
The following food & beverage industry professionals are experienced, motivated and ready to perform for your organization:
VICE PRESIDENT OF R & D
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: Accomplished innovation leader with 20 years of solid marketing and R&D results at an industry-leading Fortune 400 food company and a $3 billion frozen food manufacturer.
Key accomplishments, skills and experience:
- Demonstrated track record of delivering growth through new product innovation. New product net sales reached nearly 6% per year and more than 18% on a rolling 36-month basis. Additionally the innovation pipeline value tripled in five years.
- Led marketing execution in the transformation of a commodity fresh meat business into a portfolio of consumer-desired products delivering a 150% increase in profit margins.
- Influential leader on executive teams tasked with creating a transformational corporate strategic plan and implementing best-in-class employee engagement program.
- Motivational team leader who built a culture of innovation in which R&D employee engagement improved at twice the rate of overall company growth.
- Proven ability to recruit, mentor and build strong leaders. Team members frequently selected for promotion out of R&D and for inclusion in corporate leadership academy.
- Strong analytical skills and vast experience with implementing best practices. Introduced best-in-class portfolio management system and spearheaded the new product process.
- Goal – lead food industry technical teams in delivering new product innovation through an R&D culture of collaboration, accountability and influence.
- Team leadership (worked with teams ranging from 5 to > 100)
- Strategic plan development and execution
- Brand management (6 years in marketing at Hormel)
- Strong technical expertise with all forms of meat products
- General technical expertise with dairy / dough / entrees
- Extensive communication skills
- Employee engagement
- Stage-Gate / Accolade
EDUCATION: Ph.D. Meat Science in 1987 from Iowa State University
DESIRED SALARY: $150,000+/year
CONTACT: Please contact Laurie Hyllberg at 414.367.5505 or e-mail Laurie.
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT FOOD SCIENTIST
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: Passionate Food Scientist with great product development experience in food. After recently losing her position of 10 years with a major food manufacturer as Food Scientist – Biscuit & Snacks division, this seasoned professional is looking to bring her outstanding creativity in developing new ideas and flavors to your organization.
She is certainly a top talent with her experience, knowledge and education. She has worked product development from bench top to pilot plant through to commercialization. Has cross functional HACCP, labeling and quality experience through working closely with these areas of the company.
She has worked with shelf stable bakery and snack food products such as cracker and cookies. She has also worked with flavors: from savory flavors to flavors for confectionary, jellies and sweet goods, to liquid, dry and plated flavors.
Presently renting, can make a relocation easily. Ideal locations are; MO, KY, GA, SC, NC, WV, VA, TN, MD, NY, & NJ. Would be a great asset to your R&D team… Will NOT be available long!
DESIRED SALARY: $70,000/year
CONTACT: To learn more, please contact Nancy Furgason at 414.367.5512 or e-mail Nancy.
SENIOR SALES & MARKETING MANAGER
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE: Focused and driven strategic marketing and sales manager with demonstrated success in fast-paced, customer-driven and highly competitive sales environments. Energetic multi-tasker competent in managing to budget, building and motivating high-performance sales teams, executing multi-faceted marketing programs and achieving aggressive sales results.
Possesses complementary operations management skills including:
- People Management
- Broker Management
- Financial Record Keeping
- Strategic Planning
- New Business Development
- New Product Launch
- Key Account Relationship Management & Maximization
- Training & Education
- Cost Control
- Inventory Management
- Production Scheduling
- Tradeshow Planning & Execution
DESIRED SALARY: $110,000/year
CONTACT: Please contact Russ Lilly at 414.367.5513 or e-mail Russ.